If you have any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Information & Signposting Officer
Julie Clark & Fazilla Amijee
37-39 Balmoral Road,
Information line: 01634 566 777
Email: General enquiries
To join the mailing list click HERE
We are Recruiting Board Directors - Read more here
Healthwatch Medway is the new, independent consumer champion created to represent the interests of the public. Healthwatch will play a role at both national and local level and will make sure that your views on health and social care services are taken into account.
Healthwatch Medway will take on the work of the Local Involvement Networks (LINks), as well as:
1. Promoting & supporting the involvement of local people in the commissioning, provision and scrutiny of local care services
2. Enabling local people to monitor the standard of provision of local care services and whether and how local care services could and ought to be improved.
3. Obtaining the views of local people regarding their needs for, and experiences of, local care services and importantly to make these views known.
4. Making reports and recommendations about how local care services could or ought to be improved. These should be directed to commissioners and providers of care services, and people responsible for managing or scrutinising local care services and shared with Healthwatch England.
5. Providing advice and information about access to local care services so choices can be made about local care services.
6. Formulating views on the standard of provision and whether and how the local care services could and ought to be improved and sharing these views with Healthwatch England.
7. Making recommendations to Healthwatch England to advise the Care Quality Commission to conduct special reviews or investigations (or where the circumstances justify doing so, making recommendations direct to the CQC) and to make recommendations to Healthwatch England to publish reports about particular issues.
8. Providing Healthwatch England with the intelligence and insight it needs to enable it to perform eff ectively.